What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a lamp for my new fluorescent bulb

I have a 42 watt, cool white fluorescent bulb on it's way to me from a site that I ordered it from. Problem is, I only have a desklamp to use and the bulb is so big it's going to stick at least halfway out of the lamp. I have to put this in my bedroom and don't want to blind me or my wife everytime we walk in. I need a lamp that maybe has a longer hood that will cover most of the bulb anyway. Any suggestions on where I can find something like that? I've looked in stores everywhere and I have only found desklamps the same size as mine. It's a screw in fluorescent by the way. Can I just use a regular lamp and put the plant underneath it? I want to use the desklamp since I can bend it down over the plant to get it close enough. If not then I'll just have to use the lamp I have. Hope I can find something though. Thanks for any suggestions.

Deffinately want some sort of reflector to direct the light. Maybe have a look at those inexpensive aluminum cliplights? Basically it's a socket, reflector and a clip on the back so you can stick it on things. They should have them at Lowes/Homedepot. Only other thing I can think of that may be big enough without getting a specialized fixture would be one of those recessed lighting canisters. Not the prettiest thing to look at though and you would have to wire in a plug.

Tony

Back