What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've got mold!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
You guys,I've got this green mold stuff in my pots which contain some VFT seeds,and another pot which has very small seedlings.What can I do to get rid of it? *Niki*
smile.gif

Green? That may not be mold, but good old algae slime. which is produced under more than adequate light & moisture. It often happens when attempting to germinate CP seeds. If it is thick enough, you can manually remoce it with tweezer or by flooding the pots, causing the slime to float. Can you see the seeds to remove them. If none of these can be done, you may have to live with the slime for awhile, until the seedlings are big enough to be removed. While algae slime is unsightly, undesirable, and CAN be hindrence to cultivation, it isn't a major one. There might be other suggestions as well.

Thanks Jim
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

a simple solution, and a preventative measure for the future, would be to keep the plants out of direct sunlight and away from growlamps. the seeds don't need the light for germination.

They don't??I didn't know that.Thanks
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

I told ya that a LOONG time ago
blues.gif

some seeds will some seeds wont it depends on the seed

Oops,sorry Mabudon.You know how slow I am!
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

Back