What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verifying identification of sarracenia hybrids

Hi:

I won these plants on ebay.  I've scoured the internet searching for information.  Would someone please tell me if I have managed to track down the correct information? The plants won are bolded. I'd like to know correct names if any are id'd incorrectly.

Dana's Delight is a cross of Sarracenia willissi x leucophylla. It is a tall grower with beautiful deep red tops,

The Scarlet Belle is a selective variety of a common hybrid of the Parrot Pitcher and the White Top Pitcher. Though it looks more like a Parrot Pitcher, it has a really beautiful red hood with white speckles, which is charateristic of the White Top. Pitchers of adult plants can get up to 8 inches long and turn deep red with sun and age.

The Judith Hindle Hybrid is our number one seller at the Farmers' Markets. It's uniform shape and tall sturdy red leaves is what people love about this plant. Look closely and you'll see elements of the Purple Pitcher, Whit Top and Yellow Trumpet in this plant.

The Sarracenia Rubra is known as 'the Sweeet Trumpet,' because its dark maroon blooms actually smell good which is rare among Sarracenia. There are 5 subspecies to the Rubra family, some of which are still debated among scientists who feel that some are actually species. These are native to the southeastern USA, and are perennial carnivorous plants found in boggy areas.  

Tarnok is a variety of Sarracenia leucophylla that produces yellow flowers with double pedals. Shipped bare-root. Photograph is representative of the species and is not the plant shipped.

'Tarnok' has double RED flowers that are sterile, very showy and last a long time. All are good plants. congrats

Dana's Delight is often said to be willisii x leuco, but I doubt that's correct. Nobody really knows what this cross is.

Back