What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. albomarginata

I bought a N. albomarginata 'green' from Cooks about a month ago and it put out a few pitchers and they are green with alot of red spots, making the pitcher look almost red.  I wanted an all green plant and that is what their website says. I kind of feel upset that I was sold a mislabeled plant.  I wanted to see what you guys think I should do before contacting them.  Thanks,
-Nick

Here are some pics I just took:
The first pitcher
Picture037.jpg

The second pitcher
Picture038.jpg

if you dont like it send it back.

Bah, it's a healthy plant, and it's cool looking, so keep it. The best thing to do is just buy from reputable and conscientious vendors in the future. Cook's is great, but it's main feature is low prices, not plant size, quality, or individual attention to detail. Then again, I get attached to any nep I get, so I can't wrap my head around sending any back. Buy a green one and then you'll have two cool albos.

Capslock

I am the same way, I could never send it back either because it is a beautiful plant. I didn't really know what to do so I posted it on here before contacting them. I figured that they would say send it back for a refund and I really don't want to. Maybe I just needed to vent, I can't stand when plants are not labeled properly. Thanks
-Nick

I understand your grip. I don't like getting plants I didn't want.

The spotted red albo is nice but I lik ethe soldi color ones better.

I like the spotted, I just have one already. So now I have two
smile_m_32.gif

Ooooh, that's what the trade forum is for! PM me, I've got some things I can trade for it.

Capslock

Hello Everyone, we stand behind the plants we sell, so if there is a mis id'd plant please do inform us directly so we can replace it and check the rest of our inventory. We label imported plants as what our suppliers say they are so if we don't grow them out long enough it may not be apparent to the true coloring. I suspect on this albomarginata the lighting being too dim to show the coloring difference prior to resale, and will check the remaining plants of the batch.

Take Care
Dean

Nick,very ikely the lower pitchers are red speckles, wait till the upper pitchers blooms,maybe it will be all green..:laugh:

I don't think it was done deliberately, but I would always write an e-mail back at least telling the grower how everything went. Whether the plants arrived well, or even if something was mislabeled or missing. Don't wait and don't express misconceptive views to fellow collectors.

If after you discussed this with the supplier and he didn't do anything, then take out a full page color ad in any of the popular CP journals and express your views. That would be the best way to get your message out! (Just kidding,...but I couldn't help it).

If someone sent me a red form of N. ampullaria and I ordered a green form, I would probably change my e-mail address and name. AND not tell a living soul!

Michael

Looks nice to me,i grow the red and spotted form much more pleasing than the green,id keep it for sure
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

is there muc diff between mine and the other? my gets spots too

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Sep. 02 2005,1:59)]is there muc diff between mine and the other?  my gets spots too
Dunno... can't see your photos. There is just a little square with a red X in it.

If your seeing the photos it is because they are in your computers cache memory. For everyone else though they see the little box with the X

ok here they are! i also updated or fixed al the other pics too

834N_Albomarginata_2_1_-med.jpg

834N_Albomarginata_1_1_-med.jpg

Back