What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh nepenthes cuttings

Hi there just wanted to let everyone know i just took a cutting from my ampullaria green vine. there are 2 cuttings for sure and possibly a thrid! i wanted to do this because my ampullaria has many many small shoots coming out and i want the plant to focus on the basal shoots that its known for. i may also make a cutting of a ventricosa that i have too if anyone was interested in trading once i root it, or if you are the impatient type and wanna get the cutting and root it yourself, i can send it priority. in exchange i am looking for a regular old alata! yep an alata. its funny that i dont have one yet and one of the most common plants out there. the alata was one of the first plants i ever had and i want one. or if you have something else let me know but it has to be non-hybrid.

I'm guessing that the first "alata" you bought was actually ventrata - a hybrid. It is much more common and very often mislabelled. Check out pics to be sure of what you're looking for. Personally, I like the look of ventrata better anyway. Plus its a better grower with more robust pitchers.

I got the tip cutting of the amp.
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Back