What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assorted pics, mantellas, tads, darts and one hyla

M. laevigata, adult is mom and the tads are hers. i think all the pics are of the same tad but i saw 2 others that i couldnt get a pic of. sorry for the quality but shooting through the glass wasnt the best. this is one of the two monsters i have see. it is over 1/2 inch

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

M. madagascariensis one of my females, for some reason out of my 2.2 group i never see the other female, always the two males(very camera shy but will bounce around when its not around) and this female.

32ec7e88.jpg

4e32d092.jpg

Suri cobalt tinc on the hunt(another through the glass his colors are much better in person)
3ce74cf0.jpg

ab38ac38.jpg

Hyla leucophyllata hiding under a leaf
IMG_3371.jpg

Wow...your frogs are beautiful. I would love to have some.

Out of curiosity...on a scale of 1 (easy)-10 (hard)...how easy or hard are they to care for?

actually Suzanne, if you get a tank set up right for darts such as my tincs and D. azureus and leucs and D. aurutus(sp?) the ONLY thing you have to do is spray them with water every other day. feed them fruit flies and other things than they pretty much take care of themselves. the plants use the frog poop as fertilizer and there really isnt any tank cleaning. most do great in the average house hold temps of the mid to low 70s. i spend more time fussing over my fruit fly cultures than actually taking care of the frogs. they are basically like fish in an aquaruim, if you set them up right the maintance is minimal. its when you take the wrong approch to setting them up that there is alot of work involved.

Stop it!
mad.gif

I'm going to the reptile show this weekend and I'm buying 2 or 3 more Leopard Geckos.....Not frogs!

Nice looking frogs.

i am darn proud of my froggys, if you cant resist temptation thats not my problem
smile_m_32.gif

leos are cool. i had one and the first time i saw his lil tail wiggle while hunting crickets i darn near fell off my chair i was laughing so hard
smile_n_32.gif

Back