What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for all the frog people

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Do any of you own or know someone who owns a Malayan leaf frog? I am trying to get some info on these brutes, like how easy they are to keep, what conditions they need and the like.

And before anyone takes it in their mind to lecture me on how these are not beginner animals let me say this: I have been keeping herps in some form or other for 22 years. I have experience with the horned frogs (C. ornata and C. cranwelli) as well as other amphibians. I am NOT a newbie at this by any strech of the imagination
smile.gif

Thanks

Travis, have you posted this on CPUK? There is a member named Pauline who comes from Malaysia. Perhaps she knows?

No Jim I had not but I will. Thanks for the tip.

i have no experiance with them, wish i did but till w move somewhere with more room in sticking with critters that eat fruit flies and F/T mice and rats. have you found a source for them? last i knew they werent even imported all that much or or few lived long enough to make it to sale or something. last i looked anyways they seemed fairly expensive for a wild caught frog. good luck with them and if you are successful with them keep me in mind for a home for any offspring
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I have found a dealer and according to a few freinds I have that keep tree and dart frogs he is a very reputable one. He does not know when he will next be getting a batch but he says he usually gets one every 2 months or so.

As for offspring, I have never been much into breeding and I was probably just going to shoot for one frog. But depending on the price and what I can learn about them maybe I'll get silly. Of course if I don't learn anything helpful then I probably will just bag the idea and go for a Surinam horned frog instead.

Back