What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone elses frogs/toads gearing up for

• Thread starter Nflytrap
  • Start date
Here in CA Pacific treefrogs and California toads have been calling. I hope to be out to see how many tadpoles have been produced. Also hope to get some established in my backyard. Down with the bullfrogs!
smile_n_32.gif

What are everyone elses local species doing? Anyone happen to live with gray treefrogs, barking treefrogs, or spadefoot toads?

What a coinkkidink, i just got into the amphibian thing. My I told my aunt i was looking for a large frog at chinatown and then she gets me an African dwarf frog. Not much to amaze at but she recently found me a White's tree frog and it's so adorable, I love the lil fella. To continue the frog craze I just found tadpoles at Petco( One place i despise so much) And I got to for a really cheap price. Hard part now is I'm trying to figure out the species, the tag on the tank just said rana spp. Anyone know what type of frog comes out of the tadpoles at Petco?

It's also been a long time since i've come back to the forums but everytime spring comes i'm usually back
biggrin.gif

They look like mostly bullfrog tadpoles...not worth the $$$ as you can find those just about anywhere.

If I clean the pond I should be able to catch out a 6-7 inch male...if anyone would like to provide him a home. Prolly a few bullfrog tads still in there too.

We have barking treefrogs here, but they don't mate until the rainy season starts around May.

Moved to reptile and amphibian forum.

Down here in sunny Houston, Texas, we are well underway for the amphibian season! The Upland Chorus Frogs and Southern Leopard Frogs are pretty much done, so the Gray Treefrogs, Green Treefrogs and Squirrel Treefrogs are taking their place. As are the Bronze Frogs and Cricket Frogs. I love this time of year! It's like Nature's Symphony!

Mike

Ahhh, I'd like to aqquire some of your tads and frogs Nflytrap!!! I would love to ahve some and so would my neighbor !!!

weve got spadefoots up here, found a bunch of them last year. lil chilly yet though i think i heard chorus frogs in the ditch the other evening

heres a spadefoot from last year
toad.jpg

spadefoottoad.jpg

we have bullfrogs, leopard frogs, LOADS OF SPRING PEEPERS!,grey tree frogs, some little tree frog(dont know what kind), and these toads that are just all over the place!

Goldtrap: If you're willing to cover shipping I'd be glad to be rid of them. Just gotta catch that big guy.

Rattlermt: Have you tried keeping those in captivity before?

nope, might give it a try this year.

only have found adults, actually never have found an adult anywhere close to water. infact the last one i found was probably over a mile from any water other than rain(found it during a nice warm summer rain outside my house). i may have seen tads before but havent raised any local species from tadpoles in 10 years or more, those were all leopard frogs anyways

Back