What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verlux bulbs instead of repti-sun?

I have these bulbs on my fish tank and the package says that zoo's use them and breeders use them. It's the next best thing to sun. Could I use them for a bearded dragon? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? You can get them at hardware stores or the verlux website.

I use Verilux on my snakes, and my CP seedlings. Works just fine for both uses. I use 60 watts, but I am thinking of heavier wattage for the CP seed.

On one hand, I'd be reluctant to use something that hasn't been tested before (and they'll say anything on a package to sell it). On the other, if you supplement with D3, that should make it less of an issue.

Personally, I wouldn't use it if your beardie is a baby; anything less than great UV could have MAJOR health consequences. However, once it's an adult, I'd consider the switch, *if* you're supplementing with d3 anyway.

Edit- Bugweed, snakes don't need UV, with the sole exception of diamond pythons, so it's irrelevant.

Mokele

i would stick with repti-sun 10 for your bearded dragons. u need uvb for for reptiles for d3 absorbtion. and needs to be change every 6 months

Back