What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As promised, my second new snake

very nice..................im working on the isopods for yah but........um the weather changed while i was in Florida.....froze 2 of the nights i was gone........bugs(other than yellow jackets) are getting sparce

No worries, if it happens it happens and if it doesn't then it doesn't

Cool shot-can't believe a 4' snake takes up so little space!
I have no experience with snakes, are they not very active unless hunting food that's been added to the cage?

depends on the species........GTP's are nocturnal and only move about at night and only if they are hungry or thirsty........other species, such as the false water cobras i used to have are highly active and diurnal.....course they had a high metabolism and were always hungry so they were always moving, especially if i was in the room cause they knew i fed them.

Yeah, it is pretty amazing how compact she can get. When I picked her up she was in a small critter carrier and I thought the guy giving her to me was mistaken about her size.

Like Rattler said, the area a snake takes up is dependent on the nature of the snake. "Conundrum" is really active at night and moves around a firm amount. My corn is always on the move which is typical for them.

Back