What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A face shot

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Just a face shot of my Chondro because I feel like it

PA200004.jpg

Gorgeous! Just keep him away from Cheney, or he could get a real face shot....

Gotta love the eyes ..... :0o:

Yeah, I like how that blue stripe seems to run right through her eye

Beautiful! She looks so gentle.

xvart.

Beautiful snake, Pyro. :)

That is an awesome lookin' snake pyro. I have always wanted one of those. The green contrasted by the blue is just amazing looking. What kind of environment do you provide for her? I haven't read up too much on how to care for them. (probably the reason I haven't purchased one yet). It is a Green Tree Python right?

Yeah she is a GTP. Care for Chondros is pretty easy if you are familiar with herps. They like it warm, 28-32C dropping a little at night. Humidity needs to be high too or they have shed problems. Vertical space is preferable to horizontal since they are arboreal. But they do not take up a tom of room. I keep "Envy" here in a 37G tall which is 30cm deep x 75cm across x 75cm tall. Perches are important, spaced all over and at different heights (usually there is a vertical heat gradient as well as a horizontal one.)

Here is a shot of her tank right after I set it up. It has grown in a fair amount since then.

P9140001.jpg

Only other quirk with them is that more often than not they will not drink from a bowl so you have to mist them daily. They will ten drink the water off their coils. Kind of cool to watch.

Also feeding must be done with forceps or you'll probably end up taking a hit. And them being bird eaters in the wild means that their teeth are a lot longer than a comparable snake of the same size..

Awesome, thx for the feedback (and the pic =D). I think I'm going to do some more researching and get one of my own once I buy a condo. My roommates dog would probably be way too interested in this little guy... Just like my former VFT.

Back