What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to determine value

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trade

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Hey all,

So, how does one determine value on an animal?

I ask because my wife has decided she is not quite as in love with her carpet as she thought she was/would be. Too energetic for her tastes. So she wants to get something different (she has a specific animal in mind and to make life easier I am going to try and see if I can get a partial or full trade for it.)

I do not currently know the sex on this carpet but I have an appt. with the vet to get that checked. '07 animal but do not have an exact DOB. It is 90cm in length and masses 269g. Aggressive F/T rat eater. I have full feed and shed records.

This is the animal when we bought it:

PB170026.jpg

The day after a shed:

P4170030-1.jpg

And how it looks as of last night (8/12):

P8040015.jpg

P8040042.jpg

P8120004.jpg

P8120008.jpg

P8120005.jpg

It's a very pretty snake.

The value, of course, is what someone is willing to pay you.
Have you looked around on the internet / reptile shows to see what comparable snakes would be going for?
You say that you purchased it. It looks larger then when you got it and also looks to have nicer color now, so you should get more then when originally bought it.
I would say your best bet would be see about trading it to the person that has the other animal you are seeking. (As long as the person deals with snakes. The other animal your wife wants may be a platypus. LOL) Most dealer would give you more in trade credit then actual cash.

carpets are hard to judge in that respect elgecko.........you can by dang near identical looking individuals for between $50 and $200...........i told him $50 over what he paid for it as a safe guesstimate :grin:

Back