What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can people be so STUPID?!?

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
It doesn't matter if someone misidentified the snake or if one that size can only eat something the size of a mouse or as big as a golden retriever. I usually give police officers some slack in their response to rapidly changing, stressful situations, but this wasn't one. Maybe the snake was still lunging around, but the men are lying about what happened or have no idea what happened. If the snake had been run over, it was no longer a threat to anything and wasn't going anywhere. The three bullets the officer fired went somewhere, however, and I hope he's answering phones at the station or checking parking meters now. He certainly doesn't have the judgement needed to carry a gun. Shooting a snake in a road? It's reckless when a kid does it and completely irresponsible when a police officer does.

It really annoys me when people say that snakes are mindless killers that attack anything that moves. While it is true that large snakes can be dangerous, the person who let it go is at fault. The snake was not suppost to be there and if I was in an unknown place scared to death Id be pretty pissed off too. I belive the public( and police officers as well) should be more aware and get the facts on snakes before they say things about them. The fact that they said that it was a burmese python just shows their ignorence and the fact that they need to get some valid info. I do agree with Pyro that snakes get a bad rap.

I think its sad when we see on the news that the police will taze a man carrieng a gun but will shoot and kill a snake. Im sure one is more dangerous to the public than the other.

People kill each other every day, as well as thousands of snakes every day, why make a big deal when the tables are turned. The snake shoulent have been there in the first place and the fact that it was is really sad. I dont think that we should stop importing them, but I think that people should research about what there getting thereselves into and not blame the snake when it gets 10 feet. Its stories like this that get snakes a bad rap and hurts our hobby.

For the record ive been keeping snakes since I was a small child, from 8 inch juvinile corn snakes to larger pythons and boas and some in between. I know that not everyone is thrilled by snakes but respect is due to these amazing animals.

The article and the story is a disgrace and I agree with the title of this thread.

Um, WOW. He was afraid of THAT! I hardly know anything about snakes but, man they know NOTHING!

Back