What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New little pet xDDD

went fishing with my gf today for trout. we left the stringer near the edge of the water, and my gf found this little guy trying to steal a meal....she named him Nub for his missing claw....gonna be fun watching it grow back xDD
Crawfish001.jpg

Crawfish002.jpg

Hahaha, Pretty Cool! :)

Cute little crawdady I've seen three of those not sure if they're the same kind near my pond two I saw in it and one was in the grass when I was taking a walk it scared my mom when she walked by it because it stood there and raised it's claws it's too bad I didn't have my camera at the time. :-))

I hope your little guy does well for you.

do you have holes in the ground by the pond, may have been a borrowing crayfish.

Yep I see alot of holes close by the pond it was interesting to see them last time I saw one was in the pond near the shore and I saw some crawfish shells I'm guessing a racoon or something got it.

Hopefully next spring/summer I'll have my camera to take some shots.

They make interesting pets. I had one for a few yrs. He showed up at the back door one Sunday morning. I kept him in a 15 gal tank with a few goldfish. He ate the same pellets they did and never bothered the fish. They would even swim into his flowerpot with door way cut out and come back out un-nipped.

This is a photo of him hanging onto the algae scraper. This is a scan of a film photo.

He had the odd habit of coming out at night and bouncing glass marbles on the bottom of the tank, even through the gravel. I believe he thought they were muscles to crack and eat.

thermmycrayfish4-16-1997.jpg

Cool, my chem teacher has a couple now. She had a female with alot of babies.

`wow sure looks different than the ones here.....send ours to the gym and a few rounds of steroids and they would look like that.....the front claws on ours are far more gracile.

Hows your little guy doing, SirKristoff?

Ah yea crays are cool. I used to go in the creek and catch 'em and had a few. I always liked watching them snatch the food pellet that I dropped in right in front of it.

-Ben

Yep. Me & Drosera36 used to be knee deep in crayfish! That was quite some time ago, eh? Haha.

The crawfish that Indiana Gardener had is the kind I see in my pond in around the fields also last spring I saw a dead one while walking we have bunch different wild animals in the forest area so I guess a racoon got it or a skunk I dunno.. ???

Makes me hungry for a crawfish boil. XD Just kidding I'd never do that to my crayfish.

i released him last week, i felt bad for removing him from the wild, so i took him to the river down the road that feeds into the puyallup river where i have seen hundreds of the same species of crawfish, and released him there.

Back