What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leo's

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here is 2 pictures of Leopard Geckos I hatched out this year and going to keep for future projects.

The first is a great colored male Tangerine. He will get better color with age.

TangMaleHoldback.jpg

The second is a male Bell Albino.
Every egg my female Bell Albino laid this year I placed in my incubator that was set for a male temperature. (Temp determines the sex of the lizard when incubating.)
I was lucky and got 1 of her eggs that hatched to be a Bell Albino, all the others look like High Yellows. (Albino is a recessive trait.)
I'm going to use him to produce Hybinos next breeding season if he is at breeding weight.

MaleBellHoldback.jpg

cool leopards. So you have an incubator with gender settings instead of temperature settings? Does it have a mix setting?

I use my homemade incubators.
When I say male temp, that is the incubator that I have the heat set to 88 degrees which produces males. My other incubator is set around 76 degrees which produces females.
I have pics of my incubator here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko1989/gecko_care.html

Oh my, they are gorgeous! I just looked at your site and one you have for sale has a curled tail (just the tip), is this a deformed tail or is it normal for that to happen?

Oh my, they are gorgeous! I just looked at your site and one you have for sale has a curled tail (just the tip), is this a deformed tail or is it normal for that to happen?

The one with the tip of the tail curled is deformed.
Not sure why that happened. First one that has happened to in all the years I've been breeding Leo's.

cool site! I like the first one you have for sale, very cute pattern. :love: Why are you selling her?

Very cute Leopard Geckos I guess that's where you get your forum name from? =D

I always liked those kinds of gecko they have nice colors and they look pretty interesting.

cool site! I like the first one you have for sale, very cute pattern. :love: Why are you selling her?

Thanks for the comment on the site.

I'm not trying hard to sell her. I think she looks interesting also. I've just have a lot of mouths to feed, and not enough room to keep many more.

bluebird said:
Very cute Leopard Geckos I guess that's where you get your forum name from? =D

Yep.

Back