What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New...UHHH...pet

• Thread starter USMCSKI
  • Start date
DSCN1782.jpg

Found her and an egg sack while cleaning the garage

lol, that's pretty awsome... just be careful. I would release it. ;)

Your spider reminds me of Michelle Obama because of the dress she chose to wear.
I hope it's not foreshadowing an early death for our President.
black-widow-dress.jpg

Let it go!!

Should be safe, these are actually very docile spiders. Just don't handle it.

I made the mistake of keeping a black widow once. I could even handle her. She would crawl from one hand to the other. She posed no real danger. The danger came when the egg sac hatched and thousands of baby black widows escaped into my bedroom. They spun webs and flew all around the room. They were everywhere.

^Which is why the egg sac should be put outside when it's made... haha. I'm just picturing you flailing around with baby spiders falling all over you.

HAHAHA!! That must have sucked.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I have something to add to this but not exactly on this topic... :offtopic:

But anyway, I just got a new pet tarantua named socks! He/she is a bit young and a pink toe tarantula. I just love the way they walk, and they're very docile. :-D HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! :D

I remember when Meatwad from ATHF thought he was pregnant and then exploded like a volcano of hatching spider babies. :D

Anyway, that's what I always fear with spiders that arrive on plants is that they'll generate little ones. I've had it happen before. I'll notice one spider on a new potted palm (I don't mind one) but a while later later it's swarming with tiny replicas of the larger one crawling off the pot, running over the carpet and up the walls... thankfully mine were not Black widows. Though I have no idea what they were. I agree it's cool but is it safe to have that as a "pet"? Especially a clutch of eggs?

D. that dress is totally ridiculous! Time to photoshop some extra arms on Michelle like a Kali statue! LOL

I was once bit on the neck by a brown recluse spider. It wasn't very fun. people die because of your spider there. Just be careful.

Black widow bites are considered nonfatal to a healthy adult.

Back