What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RARE Avicularia (tarantula)

She just molted and I thought I'd share some pics..

2.5" juvenile female Avicularia fasciculata (Sapphire Pinktoe)

100_2885.jpg

100_2888.jpg

100_2890.jpg

100_2887.jpg

2.5 juvy "female" do u use lenses to successfully sex your ts?

Wow that is one beauty of a T!

2.5 juvy "female" do u use lenses to successfully sex your ts?

I use a magnifying glass to sex the exuvium of the first 2" molt.

:0o: wow, fantastic.

This is what she looked like when I got her..

100_2221-2.jpg

100_2222-1.jpg

100_2244.jpg

2 molts later..

100_2605-1.jpg

You weren't kidding when you said sapphire.
That's odd, I never knew tarantulas spun webs.

I never knew tarantulas spun webs.

You'd be surprised..

A.geroldi enclosure
100_1107.jpg

A.versicolor female being approached by male
2-4.jpg

C.fimbriatus enclosure
web-2.jpg

postmolt-11.jpg

postmolt_2-1.jpg

P.murinus suspended eggsac
sac-1.jpg

H.maculata with eggsac
100_3482.jpg

Don't get me hooked!

Dammit, too late.

Just how rare, exactly? WHERE do you find these guys (and gals)?

I love that P.murinus-- like a rusty teddy spider!

Love the saphire Avic! Will they keep this coloration with maturity? Seems to be a lot of turmoil over this species. Regardless, I'd sure like to have one myself! lol

Love the saphire Avic! Will they keep this coloration with maturity? Seems to be a lot of turmoil over this species. Regardless, I'd sure like to have one myself! lol

yes, she's now sporting her adult colors.

Don't get me hooked!

Dammit, too late.

Just how rare, exactly? WHERE do you find these guys (and gals)?

I love that P.murinus-- like a rusty teddy spider!

My plan is working perfectly..

I've got a wholesaler than imports for me. This species is become more widespread in the states though.

Don't want to hug them! They are known as OBT's (Orange Bitey Things)..

http://massmorels.com/images/Tarantulas/P.murinus/P.murinus.html

I'm pretty familiar with most Ts, but I have to say that I've never seen one of those, NICE!!!

I'm pretty familiar with most Ts, but I have to say that I've never seen one of those, NICE!!!

you'll get that a lot with me and my collection.. Ever heard of Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli?

100_2529.jpg

you'll get that a lot with me and my collection.. Ever heard of Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli?

100_2529.jpg

Yeah, I have.....where the heck did you get THAT! :0o:

Yeah, I have.....where the heck did you get THAT! :0o:

She's an imported female from Germany. Paid a whole $125 for her. Someone already offered $400.. but she's strictly a lifetime breeder that will never leave my collection.

She's an imported female from Germany. Paid a whole $125 for her. Someone already offered $400.. but she's strictly a lifetime breeder that will never leave my collection.

Do you have a male?

Do you have a male?

as soon as she matures I will. No point in getting on now because it will probably outgrow her before she matures.

as soon as she matures I will. No point in getting on now because it will probably outgrow her before she matures.

It will be nice onece people can get these to breed, considering that they are about to go extinct. :-(

It will be nice onece people can get these to breed, considering that they are about to go extinct. :-(

actually, that's old news. These are getting more and more widespread in the hobby. Everyone and their brother that is a serious pokie breeder can get these at the drop of a dime.

Back