What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

couple 8 legged cuties

Poecilotheria subfusca

male1.jpg

Poecilotheria metallica

100_4289.jpg

Avicularia sp. 'Peru Purple'

100_4205.jpg

Avicularia geroldi

postmolt8_1.jpg

postmolt8.jpg

Avicularia versicolor

Travis1106.jpg

DCP_0707.jpg

Avicularia sp. Amazonica

postmolt5_6.jpg

Poecilotheria regalis

femaleregalis2.jpg

Is the versicolor your arm or the spider?:-))

versicolor is the tarantula.. my arm is multicolor

I wanna see your A. diversipes / fasciulata again that was awesome!

Freehandling poecilotherias... I lift my hat.

I just love the colors on that A. diversipes!

Crazy, you list that regalis as having E.P.V.,. Do you ' free hand' your Theraphosa blondi as well?
Are the spiders on your site all in your current collection?
So, would Haplopelma lividum be a good beginner spider? Just kidding!
Seriously my wife has wanted to get a spider for a long time and Grammostola Rosea looks like it would be a wonderful pet we might even let the kids handle.

When I was younger, a brown recluse crawled onto my neck while I was in bed (but not asleep) and bit me. Ever since, I've been rather edgy around spiders, (My "best friend" shoved a much-larger-than-life picture of a tarantula's face into my face when he heard about what had happened. You see why I wasn't so reluctant to move?) however, I doubt I would hesitate much to come up to those! Their simply beautiful!

Being bit on the neck by a brown recluse and surviving sounds dubious. If you survived that, seems you should be kinda immune to spider toxins.

or it was just radioactive and turned him into a super-human.

Unless you lived completely somewhere else when you were a younger, I doubt that could have been a brown recluse.

(Yes, I know where he lives.)

Last edited:
yes, I used to live in Oklahoma

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Being bit on the neck by a brown recluse and surviving sounds dubious. If you survived that, seems you should be kinda immune to spider toxins.
We put TONS of medicine on it... It swelled up like MAD.

Back