What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blanding's Turtle

I like the waterfall in the tank.

Blanding's turtles have always been one of my favorites. It's rare to find a young one like that.

Very pretty little turtle.

I think you guys would like what my dad did back when he lived in New Mexico. Being artistically inclined and pro-wildlife, he gave the truckers that went out of their way to run over tortoises on the highway. He'd take a plank of wood, put a few 6" nails in it, and place a papier mache turtle on top of said board. People stopped swerving on the highway after a few months.

Your dad.
Is amazing.
And my hero.
:hail:

I know, he's awesome. I think he did a good job of bringing me up. He has a bunch of outrageous stories.

I like the yellow dots. :)

I think you guys would like what my dad did back when he lived in New Mexico. Being artistically inclined and pro-wildlife, he gave the truckers that went out of their way to run over tortoises on the highway. He'd take a plank of wood, put a few 6" nails in it, and place a papier mache turtle on top of said board. People stopped swerving on the highway after a few months.
:clap:

I know, he's awesome. I think he did a good job of bringing me up. He has a bunch of outrageous stories.
Feel free to PM me some of them - would love to hear ... :0o:

Originally Posted by Wire Man

Yeah! :D

I grew up on a lake that was swamped with them.. Really cool little guys!

Same here. My dad always feeds them so they're basically pets. Some even let us pick them up or eat bread out of our hands.

So many turtle 'eds pokin' out.

t01.jpg

t02.jpg

t03.jpg

The shelled demons return and will not be satisfied until they have eaten all the bread.

t04.jpg

The stalking.

t05.jpg

The confrontation.

t06.jpg

Neither turtle nor cat were impressed with each other up close.

t07.jpg

thats a pretty pimp setup for the turtle. if i were it i'd never leave!

Back