What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reptile super show

Great shots as always, Larry.
What was hatching? Do you know?

Cool. to bad I'm nowhere near LA.

A reptile :-D

Yeah, I didn't stop there long enough to find out, but something was coming out of there.

absoloutly stunning photographs. Thanks for sharing.

Cresties are nice lizards. When I have room I will probably get some.

Nice shots, big old rump on the Blondi!

I want to breed some Mossy Leaf Tailed Geckos (U. sikorae).

I don't want to loose any at the rate they go for though and being wild caught it's almost certain there will be losses... :(

Nice shots, big old rump on the Blondi!

I want to breed some Mossy Leaf Tailed Geckos (U. sikorae).

I don't want to loose any at the rate they go for though and being wild caught it's almost certain there will be losses... :(

Yeah, the Uroplatus are awesome, this one looks all ancient! I also like the U. phantasticus. Saw a large black gecko with white eyes, looked totally wicked, wish I had found out the name of it.

OMG I love them all! That emerald tree boa is my new desktop background :-D

U. phantasticus are amazing (small and great leaf mimics) but I've given up hopes of finding a pair or trio.

I swear there's a shop 15 minutes away from me that sells them....last time I saw, they had about 7 in the tank that were twice the size of my hand! They've got those fancy new all-red crabs that people in this forum post about too...vampire crabs or whatever they are..

Does this shop have an online presence? Are you sure they are Geosesarma sp. "Red" and not more common Tomato Crabs? I've been bombarded with requests for the red Geos on several forums, it'd be nice to be able to hand the people off to someone who has them for those who are too impatient to wait for mine to have babies. Some people really get all offended when you won't sell them some of your critters, it's really something!

Anyway, if the leaf tails you saw were twice the size of your hand I'm guessing they were Uroplatus lineatus the largest species. U. phantasticus is the smallest species maxing out at about 5" long, about perfect size for me but the sikorae would be alright too as they're only a couple inches longer. Both are amazing camouflage experts which is what I like.

Does this shop have an online presence? Are you sure they are Geosesarma sp. "Red" and not more common Tomato Crabs? I've been bombarded with requests for the red Geos on several forums, it'd be nice to be able to hand the people off to someone who has them for those who are too impatient to wait for mine to have babies. Some people really get all offended when you won't sell them some of your critters, it's really something!

Anyway, if the leaf tails you saw were twice the size of your hand I'm guessing they were Uroplatus lineatus the largest species. U. phantasticus is the smallest species maxing out at about 5" long, about perfect size for me but the sikorae would be alright too as they're only a couple inches longer. Both are amazing camouflage experts which is what I like.

Hmm...that shop is like going to the zoo so perhaps I need to take a trip there and write down names of things to tell you about :-D. They have a miniature rooster and a cat twice the rooster's size that have free reign to clean up the crickets and other critters that get loose. The rooster chases the cat around :lol:

I'd love to find a big shop like that hopefully things are correctly labeled. You wouldn't wanna buy a lineatus for a phantasticus price, but it would be cool the other way round though! LOL

I'd love to find a big shop like that hopefully things are correctly labeled. You wouldn't wanna buy a lineatus for a phantasticus price, but it would be cool the other way round though! LOL

You know, it's not that big, but it is big for a well labeled, fancy or rare and expensive independent pet store. They've got sea horses and sharks for sale! Both of which I'd love a tank of when I grow up :-O

Sea horses would be neat, have they perfected keeping / breeding them in aquariums now? When I was getting into saltwater reefs long ago the consensus seemed to be that sea horses, sea dragons and sea pipes wouldn't live very long cos they weren't totally sure what they would reliably eat long-term in captivity. People would get them to start feeding on certain foods and then they'd suddenly stop and starve themselves to death, ignoring the food they had been eating just a day or two earlier.

A large tank with long kelp grasses and some sea dragons would be an amazing display... Lemme know when you set one up! ;)

So I dropped by that shop yesterday -

They were sold out of those red crabs that I swear were those vampire crabs, which makes sense that they went fast. They've got camel spiders in their place now...

They're currently sold out of seahorses as well but they have some really nice 1ft long sharks on display right now.

The geckos I saw on sale that weren't like, leopard geckos and house ones were uroplatus lineatus and "Leachianus" geckos. They have a bunch of breeder tanks that are unlabeled too so maybe they have more stuff...they incubate eggs for local enthusiasts too in case you don't have a heat-tank that you need to hatch 'em. Got a pile of snakes and monitors and stuff too. I love that shop!

Sounds like an awesome place to visit! Take any pics?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I was looking at other people's photos, those were turtles hatching out.

Sounds like an awesome place to visit! Take any pics?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I was looking at other people's photos, those were turtles hatching out.

I don't think I can drop by today, but I will have to later on this week in anticipation of a Heli shipment to go pick up another tank in which to put them (too many Helis XD), and I'll try to take pics then assuming I remember my camera. Seriously the most amazing pet store EVAR.

Back