What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

built new chameleon cage

Here are some pic's the the cham cage I just built.

Front view
cham+cage+bare+1.jpg

side view
cham+cage+bare+side.jpg

Done open
cham+cage+done.jpg

open close up
cham+cage+done+1.jpg

Cham close up
cham+close.jpg

done closed
cham+cage+done+2.jpg

Still some tweekin to do, but for the most part he's living in it.

Just for fun yellow Saharan Uromastyx

uro.jpg

uro+1.jpg

Ohhhhh that is seriously incredible Frill. Awesome. Good job!

Nice! How big?

OMG your lizards are so cute!!!

Cute little lizards. I have a lot in my garden.

That's a great looking cage.

I'm going to get a true Chameleon once I have the room. I love the Nosy Be Panther Chameleons.

I really like the Saharan Uromastyx. Never really paid any attention to them, but that's a nice color morph.

Thanks everyone!

I also Have a orange phase Saharan too, but he's a little less photogenic. I'll try and get some pic's up of him soon.

I'm considering Pygmy Leaf Chameleons (Rampholeon brevicaudatus) since they can be kept communally (small harem) in a humid vivarium full of mosses and plants that I like to setup and will eat the same houseflies I hatch for the mantids. These guys are full grown at just 3" producing self-incubating jellybean size eggs and tiny babies a couple times a year.

Last edited:
Nice setup! Your veiled should be very happy. :)

Love the Uro too. I had egyptians for a short time. Cool pets.

@Swords:

The pygmies are really cool. We had a few batches of them at the pet store I used to work at. They're also more ground dwelling than most chameleons from what I remember, so you can use 10 gallon aquariums.

A lot of suppliers now also have the Pitted Pygmy available who are shorter but have a taller hunch back, I've read reports that the Pitted are not as hardy or temp tolerant as the R. brevicaudatus. Anyone ever keep pygmies?

I have plans for a trio to go in a 37 gallon cube aquarium (20" L x 18 W x 24" H) that I modified into a sliding front vivarium last January but never did anything with. I need to get it decorated and planted before I think about ordering them though. From my research they like hiding in leaf litter on the tank bottom and climbing on very thin twig highways, and broad leaf plants. Especially trees with small leaves shaped like themselves such as Ficus benjamina. As luck would have it I have half a dozen divisions (now short trees) of FB between 1-2 feet high on my patio waiting for a purpose in life. So the pygmies would be very happy I think with one or two of these in there.

Last edited:
Back