What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gila Monster

Before Anyone Says Anything About It
The Lizard Is In The Care Of Someone Who Is Baby Sitting It For a Zoo
It Is In Legal Position & Is Licence, Registered & Micro Chipped

More Pics ~ http://pets.webshots.com/album/579705606anIXzG

Other That All I Have To Say Is
:drool:"Drool":drool:

LOL

That is so awesome!

Though the guy holding it doesn't seem to think so :scratch:

That's Me Holding It
&
I more than thought it was Awesome

The look on my face is a mix between a lot of alcohol & me trusting the person that told me it was mellow & wouldn't Bite
LOL

Freakin' adorable lizard.
<3 Gila monsters.
They look like kaiju.

That's Me Holding It
&

The look on my face is a mix between a lot of alcohol & me trusting the person that told me it was mellow & wouldn't Bite
LOL

That is more than awesome! I love all lizards, but most of all Gila Monsters, of course, because they rep the venom.

Which is also why I can understand the look on your face. I'm not sure I would be comfortable holding a Gila Monster unless I had raised it from egg myself!

oh wow, i love gila monsters, this one looks good!!! :)

That's Me Holding It
&

LOL

:blush:

Haha, dehtcheez, I almost thought you might be mad about taking a picture, but I completely understand your state. Still cool that you got to hold it! They can be pretty beastly.

LOL

Respectfully, mixing alcohol and a venomous reptile (even one reported to be "mellow") is never a good combination...

Respectfully, mixing alcohol and a venomous reptile (even one reported to be "mellow") is never a good combination...

Pyro ~ No disrespect at all
I totally agree 110% with you on that

Free handling venomous reptiles or any venomous animals really isn't a smart thing to do to began with
&
Would be beyond a stupid thing to do while intoxicated

But I would like to clarify my "A Lot Of Alcohol" statement
It was more or less said jokingly / I know dumb statement on my part
I wasn't S-Faced or anything like that at the time
I would like to think that I would be smart enough to know better than to handle something like that while intoxicated

I have much respect for such animals

DC

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

:blush:

Haha, dehtcheez, I almost thought you might be mad about taking a picture, but I completely understand your state. Still cool that you got to hold it! They can be pretty beastly.

I'm just not one to smile much
Don't think you'll find to many pics of me with a smile on my face
&
The ones that I am smiling in can't be posted
LOL

But yeah it was totally cool to be ably to handle it

Well the gila monster tearing his way through the teeny tiny bridge was pretty good. We need a screen cap.

Hey wow, my mom actually lives in Tucson and a gila monster found its way into her house! Creepy!

5606978910_6392c9c673.jpg

Seems like basically everything gets into people's houses in Tuscon. Venomous lizards, snakes, scorpions, cacti...

Yeah, It's just to bad that Gila Monsters aren't legal to keep in most states... Could hardly believe how mellow & friendly it was... It was awesome to be able to handle & take pics with it & JUST To Keep The Records Strength / The person that was in position on it was in full legal position of it...

Back