What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiden's New Enclosure

So back in July I happened to go to the White Plains Reptile show to check out reptiles and black jungles' section and ended up coming home with a panther chameleon from screameleons.... 1st Day

Did some searching around online and decided I was going to build a nice large 2x3x4 screen enclosure for him.

Worked on it for about a month on and off.... I used pine for the wood, aluminum screen, and most importantly tools from my good ol pops.Below are some shots I took over the course of the build....

Tools used for the build
DSC02672.jpg

Frames made
DSC02673.jpg

Stain 1 coat / 2 coat comparison...
DSC02674.jpg

Size reference
IMG_20110818_185557.jpg

Attached screen with many a staple
IMG_20110826_124145.jpg

IMG_20110826_124620.jpg

Stained, nailed, and put together with plexiglass bottom sitting on top to be attached
IMG_20110906_195429.jpg

Front and top with frame lighting
DSC02832.jpg

Mistking plumbing
DSC02838.jpg

DSC02833.jpg

Umbrella tree to be used
DSC02842.jpg

Still have some vines and fake plants to situate and then the move is on!

raiden1.jpg

Beautiful! I love the setup and that is a mighty gorgeous chameleon that you have there. :)

Awesome, dude! Nice work.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm having concerns about the lighting not being enough as I have an 18" Zoo Med UVB fixture that'll be situated on top in the middle... Any suggestions?

That thing is INSANE! Awesome work man! Heck, I would be happy hanging out in there!

Thanks Nerd! :)

I used to have a few back in my younger years....Good ol' Stew and Larry! Coolest lizards in the world... I would love to pick another one up since I have most of the supplies to get back in it...

That is until I checked out the price on that bad boy! :0o: Good Lord! Do they offer better pricing at the reptile shows? There is another show on the 23rd. I would like to drive down and check it out if it is a big venue.

Back