What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New GFP melanoid Axolotl

Ive been wanting to get one for ages, and i finally got one... Hes adorable in every since of the word :D

working on a name currently...
DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

Lol Kirby I actually wanted to call him mudkip for obvious reasons but the other half shot that down.
We are thinking Toothless

That is a very cool looking Axolotl. I have seen the green ones but nothing like that. If you dont mind sharing can you send me the link to the site you got him from.

I didn't get him online, a local pet shop has a breeder that supplies them..

AXOLOTL! :laaa: Mudkip would have been such an awesome name :/

MUDKIPS ARE NAMED AFTER MUDSKIPPERS

please people.
D:

Kirby, mudkip looks more like an axolotl than a mudskipper....

How about "Fido"? (He reminds me of a mudpuppy. You could even put a little plastic doghouse in his tank. :D)

I think we are set with Toothless on this guy, we picked up his tank mate today... a leucistic axolotl that is the same size... time to come up with a name for that guy too... pics to come shortly.

We decided on Toothless as the name for him.... We decided to name the leucistic Axolotl Falcor.... how original, I know... So far they seem to get along just fine, though they dont run into eachother much being only 4" long in a 30 gallon high tank. Toothless is rather active at night, swimming around for a few hours and just kinda chills around lazily during the day, he likes to climb plants a lot and play in the air stone bubbles... he seems to be doing well...
Falcor has been in the tank for 2 1/2 hours now, mostly sticking to one side of the tank though when i turned the light out, he decided to start venturing around the tank a bit.... his gills are swept a bit forward but he seems healthy otherwise...

ToothlessandFalcor023.jpg

here is Falcor
ToothlessandFalcor025.jpg

ToothlessandFalcor010.jpg

cute puppies Kris! hope they become great friends!

Love it! :-D

I've always wanted an Axolotl. Congrats!

Dex, get one then! They are very easy to care for so long as you can provide cold water conditions.

Awesooooooooome
But if I remember correctly, they're in their cannibalistic phase until they're 6" ???

cpsammich - they CAN be cannibalistic at this size, but not always... Generally 2 will not have this issue if they are fed enough, and since they get krill pellets every other day, and have a small school of feeder guppies, there should be no need for cannibalism, not to mention they were raised in tanks with several others... They lay on eachother all the time, but have yet to nip at eachother to my knowledge, though generally they are on opposite sides of the tank as they have a different preference for their hides... Oddly, the white one (Falcor) prefers to be on the sand under some plants, and the black one (Toothless) prefers to be on or by the giant rock structure in the tank... Falcor is good at catching guppies, Toothless needs some more practice with it... He jumps the gun quite a bit.

Back