What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Leopard Gecko

BioZest

zesty.
Hey guys I just found these pictures on my camera and thought you guys might like them.

Here's my Leopard Gecko zeroing in for the kill:
DSC00086_zps837f0e0f.jpg

after the fatal strike:
DSC00087_zps4eb73371.jpg

This is why I love my Geckos:-D

Cute bugger. Almost picked one up today at a herp show but resisted. I do miss my previous one. Poor girl died young -- only 8yrs old -- due to egg binding. :(

What substrate are you using?

It's basically walnut shells ground up really fine and with vitamins added in case they catch a mouthful when going for a cricket. So sorry for your loss, that would probably wreak me.

Give yours plenty of obstacles to clamber over if you haven't already. Mine used to scale any and all objects in her tank.

Yup, thats the fun part. When I got the second lizard I picked up a thirty gallon long tank, so I can get creative with some of the elements of the tank.

Very cool gecko! What is its name?

ummmm...I was like five when I named her so her name is lizzy.:p

how long have you had lizzy? O_O

I had a beutifull young girl but she died when she was 3 :(

Amazing beast :)

With Leopards the stalk is much more interesting than the kill. Very cat-like indeed.

With Leopards the stalk is much more interesting than the kill. Very cat-like indeed.

My two have very different stalking strategies. One locks on to the cricket and runs it down, and the other waits patiently for one to come to her. It's really fun to watch.

Here's some footage (edited with jaws music):
[video]http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/Nhamata/media/Leopards_zps99416151.mp4.html[/video]
The poor little guy had a tail injury recently...but he's getting better.

Back