What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My snakes...

I've been bitten and musked on by plenty of snakes, so that definitely doesn't factor in with me anymore... though maybe now I just now how to keep away from the biting end. However, I've handled a number of king and milk snakes before, and they never musk on me.... maybe there's some truth to the "snake guru" nickname my friends give me? :D

Milks have a well deserved rep as muskers ... my pueblan has musked me many a time. Never been musked by my rat snake (corn snake relative).

I've been bitten and musked on by plenty of snakes, so that definitely doesn't factor in with me anymore... though maybe now I just now how to keep away from the biting end. However, I've handled a number of king and milk snakes before, and they never musk on me.... maybe there's some truth to the "snake guru" nickname my friends give me? :D
Never been bitten by an adult Tree Boa of the genus Corallus have you? They'll give you a factor you haven't considered!

Never been bitten by an adult Tree Boa of the genus Corallus have you? They'll give you a factor you haven't considered!

I have, by a 5 foot female protecting a clutch... Not pleasent by any means...

No, never been bitten by a tree boa... did get nailed on the back of the head by a 7 foot red tail, though.... and then kept it a secret because I didn't want the school getting rid of the snake... :D

No, never been bitten by a tree boa... did get nailed on the back of the head by a 7 foot red tail, though.... and then kept it a secret because I didn't want the school getting rid of the snake... :D

No comparison! I had a 5' ATB grab my hand once, and it hurt way worse than a 9' Burmese that grabbed the same hand. I would even prefer another "envenomation" from a Mangrove Snake to another ATB bite. Like having two pruning saws come together with you in the middle!

Bites by most nonvenomous snakes are more traumatic from the shock value than anything else. Such small teeth. The tree pythons and tree boas are another matter entirely -- a vicious set of teeth a Doberman would be proud to own.

Here is our new boy...
I will take him out and get better pics later... He is a Mature Male Diamond x Coastal Carpet Python.... He is about 7 1/2 feet

diamond x coastal carpet Python

Here are 3 more Ball Pythons...
Lock the male Black Pastel

Shock the male Spinner

and Barrel the Lemon Pastel

Another picture of Zero, the Diamond x Coastal carpet python...

nice snakes!

Last edited:
its been a long time, and the snake room has expanded quite a bit...
But here are a few things you dont see every day...

C. adamanteus, AKA the Eastern Diamondback

A. contortrix, the copperhead

ill post pics later of some various ball morphs, boas, and colubrids...

sweet copperhead. i love to look at hots, but i'm waaaayyyy to clumsy/easily distracted to ever actually own any.

im pretty clumsy and easily distracted as well, but when it comes down to hots, my attention is 100% focused on them...

Great animals, especially love the diamondback. I'd love to be able to get to the stage of being able to keep venomous species, but I'm not there yet (it would take having my own house, too :p ).

Back