What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of neo shots from this year's babies

• Thread starter keitht
  • Start date
I've been working with arboreals for many years now. Here are a couple from this year:

Neo Green tree Python:
c08261a169306eece1b2a8a276a68b3891c85f45.JPG

Neo Amazon Basin Emerald:

88c26ef121388e9fe9b2adaf0d1aa1a5a7d4ed47.JPG

beautiful looking snakes and nicely photographed too,i don't know much about them but always loved the emerald tree boas,probably a silly question what does the neo mean

Last edited:
Neo is a prefix meaning "beginning" or "juvenile," as is the case with these baby snakes. I can't remember the full word that it stands for here, though. In any case, great color on these two! I only have corn snakes, but love serpents of all kinds, the arboreal greens included :D.

Magnificent creatures. Particularly like the current coloration on the GTP.

"Neo" is just an abbreviation of neonate. As explained above, it is what herpers call young / baby snakes.

Oh that's right, neonate. Jeez, and I even have corn snake neonates over here..... stupid memory....

I love Chondros with a passion, or for a matter of fact, the entire Morelia genus...

But the Emerald Boas... They are gorgeous and all, but the teeth. Dear god the teeth XD

Chondros are worse when it come to teeth, I've always heard, though.... at least the green tree.....

Back