What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some geckos

These are the first reptiles I've ever owned. I went to the Reptile Expo in White Plains, NY yesterday and went home with 3 crested geckos that I did a naturalistic setup for and a leopard gecko, currently in a simple 10g setup.

Male Harlequin, not the best shot:

Female Flame:

Female Dalmation:

Jumpin on eachother:

Female Leopard:

Crested Setup:

That's a lotta Geckos. Leave some for the Geico commercials ;)

Beautiful setup, and very pretty geckos. Good luck with them! Would love to see update pics in the future.

Cute geks! Will you be giving them larger digs in the future?

Nice setup & very cool looking leopard gecko. I'll always remember pulling off the tail of my 1st 1 a long time ago. It scared the heck out of a friend i was with & my heart sank. It tail soon grew back nearly twice as big. Good luck with your new pets.

:spazz: I love crested geckos! they look really pretty

Nice Set Up!!!!:banana2:

Ramon:D

Thanks everyone.

Cute geks! Will you be giving them larger digs in the future?

They'll be in here for the time being, I don't have space for a larger tank until after I move, next year at some point. I'll be monitoring them pretty closely though and if they aren't getting along I have smaller tanks I can separate them out into.

Nice setup & very cool looking leopard gecko. I'll always remember pulling off the tail of my 1st 1 a long time ago. It scared the heck out of a friend i was with & my heart sank. It tail soon grew back nearly twice as big. Good luck with your new pets.

I'm trying to avoid her losing her tail, I'm taking it slow with handling. I thought I've heard they can regrow shorter and not quite as nice a tail. She is docile though and doesn't seem to mind being handled at all. The cresteds are much more feisty.

For mine, it grew back minus the thin pointed end & also smoother. After about year it looked perfect with normal ridges & as thick as its head.

I'm trying to avoid her losing her tail, I'm taking it slow with handling. I thought I've heard they can regrow shorter and not quite as nice a tail. She is docile though and doesn't seem to mind being handled at all. The cresteds are much more feisty.

Generally, regrown tails on leos don't look nearly as good as the original ... not uncommon for new ones to look deformed. As long as you don't reach to grab her, she will likely be okay and not wig out. Put your hand down and have her walk onto it.

Cresties are often not great in the handable department. As you noticed, tend to be feisty/jumpy. Their tails come off easily and never grow back.

I love Leopard geckos i always wanted one but after the salamanders my mom was done with lizards. But the salamanders were fun too!

Back