Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog Forests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gray Army update post Christian...

It's been a little while since I've given an update about the frogs of the Frog Forests. I just wanted to take this time to explain that I have moved Bane into the 20 gallon quarantine tank that everybody else is in now. It was sad moving him but it was necessary to have everyone being together moving forward. The hope is the fecal exam will be negative.

The Gray Army has gotten much better and Melania has also begun the process of getting better. She was on a month-and-a-half without eating. It was one of the scariest times keeping her. It really looked like she was going to pass away but just about 2 weeks ago she began to start eating crickets and other prey items. So the two frogs that were in the worst condition have come alive and are seeming to thrive right now.

The hope is the Gray Army will be negative for the parasite and they will then be able to hibernate while the Dumpy Family gets dewormed and moved into a new setup.

The Dumpy Family is also doing very well. They have been eating and putting on good weight but also just thriving. There's not too much to report on these guys because they seem to be very unproblematic.

The Gray Army will be joined by another group when the wake up from hibernation. They will be joined by my Squirrel Tree Frog and a Copes Gray Tree Frog. These were acquired in the south and the goal is to get a female squirrel tree frog for Florence. So the Frog Forests will soon become even more diverse. As of now we continue to mourn the loss of Christian but we also have optimism with the way the gray tree frogs have rebounded that we can look to the future and give better care and we can see a day without parasites. I am looking forward to what is coming and we will not let Christian pass in vein.

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update video talking about the Gray Army!
    https://youtu.be/byozD9845s0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another update on the status of the Frogs in the Frog Forests...

It's been an exciting week to be the caretaker of these frogs! They continue to give me wonderful moments to record them and to observe them. I am pleased to see everyone's doing fairly well as of tonight. There may be some concerns on the horizon though.

Let's start with the Dumpy Family. They look like they might have a problem because they look a little more pink underneath then usual. They are eating like pigs so no reason to worry about loss of appetite. The good thing is the Dumpy Family is going to the vets Wednesday to be examined and we will get to the bottom of this. They will have a stool sample go out and they will soon be getting a bigger new home (Exo Terra XL 36x18x36 or 100 Gallon.) When the results come back from the vets office I will make sure to update you on their status. I am willing to make any change necessary to fix the problem.

The Gray Army loosely looks good. Meredith is on top and she knows it. Melania is coming for the spot though. Melania actually has eaten the most out of any tree frog from either enclosure. She needs to she is still thin but putting good weight on now. Bane is still slowly recovering from his deworming so he's not as active but I'm monitoring him in case anything looks odd. Dante eats some and calls daily so he's been doing good. Overall the Gray Army looks to be good with a slight watch over Bane.
    The baby Copes Gray Tree Frog who has recently been introduced is also doing great and I have no complaint with that frog either. So 5 frogs from the Gray Army technically are great.

The concern is with their ally Florence the male squirrel tree frog. He is in a different setup and just seems to be a lot more slower then usual. It could be the weather changing and I've also simulated a dry season inside the tank but he just seems like something is odd so I'm not too sure yet what my options are just because I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing with the Dumpy Family after the vet. If I have to quarantine them then I would not want to have another quarantine tank if I don't have to for Florence at the time. if things start to take a turn for the worse then I will definitely get him fixed up as soon as possible in a quarantine setup, but right now there's a lot of different things that could be the reason why he's a lot slower and when I say a lot slower he's just sleeping more which is most likely because of the weather, but I'm just concerned because he's not eating as much. Florence is supposed to go in with the Gray Army at least that is the goal, so there's not really a lot of danger for the animals of the Frog Forests there is just a bit of concern with some of the smaller details surrounding them.

as you know it is about to be the week of Thanksgiving and my goal is to have a special episode including these animals. I have a lot of interesting things that I want to cover along with the vet visit for the whites tree frogs. I am hoping to show you guys how I can identify each specific gray tree frog and also I would like to give an update on the other frogs like the baby Cope's gray tree frog and Florence. Another thing that I'm trying to make into a tradition for the channel is a battle between tree frogs and flying insects. I do have a flying insect in my possession and I'm awaiting it to become an adult hopefully before the holiday so I can take a nice video and keep the tradition going. I also want to hand feed Max, Spurgeon, and Jeremiah because I was not able to for the recent video that just came out.

I hope that you guys are enjoying this epic storyline of two different tree frog families and all of the real life drama that comes with them. If you haven't checked out the recent episodes you can watch the playlist for the story line below and let me know what you think about the Frog Forests!

There are many amazing things still to come with this storyline of tree frogs so keep checking in for updates as I tried to update the status of these animals weekly if I can.

https://youtu.be/sxs6jxz1628

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very nice, good luck on the vet visit! Hope it turns out to be nothing or at least something easy.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Very nice, good luck on the vet visit! Hope it turns out to be nothing or at least something easy.
    Thank you! I sure hope it's going to be positive for me and the frogs will all be negative for parasites.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really enjoy reading this
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

Growlist

highland tent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12