Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog Forests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gray Army update post Christian...

It's been a little while since I've given an update about the frogs of the Frog Forests. I just wanted to take this time to explain that I have moved Bane into the 20 gallon quarantine tank that everybody else is in now. It was sad moving him but it was necessary to have everyone being together moving forward. The hope is the fecal exam will be negative.

The Gray Army has gotten much better and Melania has also begun the process of getting better. She was on a month-and-a-half without eating. It was one of the scariest times keeping her. It really looked like she was going to pass away but just about 2 weeks ago she began to start eating crickets and other prey items. So the two frogs that were in the worst condition have come alive and are seeming to thrive right now.

The hope is the Gray Army will be negative for the parasite and they will then be able to hibernate while the Dumpy Family gets dewormed and moved into a new setup.

The Dumpy Family is also doing very well. They have been eating and putting on good weight but also just thriving. There's not too much to report on these guys because they seem to be very unproblematic.

The Gray Army will be joined by another group when the wake up from hibernation. They will be joined by my Squirrel Tree Frog and a Copes Gray Tree Frog. These were acquired in the south and the goal is to get a female squirrel tree frog for Florence. So the Frog Forests will soon become even more diverse. As of now we continue to mourn the loss of Christian but we also have optimism with the way the gray tree frogs have rebounded that we can look to the future and give better care and we can see a day without parasites. I am looking forward to what is coming and we will not let Christian pass in vein.

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update video talking about the Gray Army!
    https://youtu.be/byozD9845s0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12