What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dart frogs

• Thread starter FinnishKid
  • Start date
Hello everybody, I'm making a little jump from the cp discussion groups. Does anyone here have any experience with Dart Frogs? While surfing the net for info on CP's I've come across a few sites dealing with dart frogs. From what I've found on the net, it seems like they don't live very long and have very specific requirements. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them or stories to share.
Thanks

hey man

dart frogs are very very fragile and need very specific care requirements. if u want to get some dart frogs, i suggest you do EXTENSIVE research and dont buy any frogs untill youve learned everything there is to know about them. the best species to go for would probably be dendrobates auratus or dendrobates tincorius. they are a larger species and are great beginner frogs. but trust me man!! doing research as much as u can before actually getting them WILL help!!! ive done research for a couple years and ive still yet to purchase any because i just dont feel as though im ready for it. i have the knowledge, but i want to get out of washington and get settled on my own first
good luck to you!!

Thanks for your opinion! I think that you are quite right. I've been looking into it for quite some time and don't intend to adopt any little frogs soon. I'm quite sure it's not like purchasing a venus fly trap and then asking for advice on care.
smile.gif
I just wondered if anyone else had experience keeping them.
Thanks!

I have three Auratus "green and black" they aren't hard to care for once you got them set up right but setting them up is tedius and hard and more often than not imperfect they are not frogs to be taken lightly

Back