What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ornate mountain dragon

• Thread starter Linda
  • Start date
Ok, the pet store is getting to be as bad as Walmart for me, I can't go in and not spend money LOL. Added a Mountain Horned Dragon to our family about a month ago. Lovely fellow, that is a total load---husband has to hand feed him and I have to give him a daily shower for his water cause it won't leave his tree.

Anyhow, I digress. Was at the petstore last nite to get more superworms for Iggie. Cause everyone was busy I went over to cruise the lizzards. They have a new fellow, all the sticker says is "Ornate Mountain Dragon". He doesn't look anything like Iggie (which I know is A. Capra) and was at least active while I was there, caught himself a cricket. So now I wonder what he is, I've not heard the term "Ornate" when referred to Mountain Dragons, or any lizzard for that matter. He costs about $10.00 more than Iggie. The girl at the store says he's in the Acanthosaur family but she didn't remember which one, said she'd try to look it up and call me, but I'm going nuts trying to look him up.

Well, anyone with any thoughts, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks,

Well I looked but since I have no clue what it looks like Ill try to narrow it down for you at least heres a page that may be helpful. http://www.kingsnake.com/mhd/MHDkingsnake.html

Thanks UKC,

I've been all over kingsnake.com and looked at every picture I could find there. Truth is I probably didn't look close enough myself when I was at the pet store, and memory doesn't serve me real well these days. I'm going to have to go check the guy out again, but I've not seen anything that looks like him yet.

My memory right now describes him (maybe her) as sleeker than the A. capra, had more blue and green tones (where my cabra is mostly olive/brown/tan). I did not see spikes or horns but the girl at the petshop when I called today said they were there. I'm leaning toward A. lepidogaster, but I've only read a description of them, not found a picture yet.

Its probably for the best cause I'm out of space to add another terrarium at my house. Trying to get my daughter to move back in to the bedroom with her sister, but she won't cooperate. Man, would her room make a perfect lizard lounge, oh well, two more years and they are off to college so I can turn the whole house into a lizard lounge if I want LOL

Thanks again for your help.

Hi. I have seen a few lizard like tge one you described, but they were labeled as "Banana Split Lizards"-a catchy name. Keep trying ks.com, and if you can, check the mountain horn forum.

Back