What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frogs and cps

Hi, i've been reading about Poison Dart Frogs here and online the last couple days. I recently set up a 55 gallon lowland nep tank and was thinking that it would be nice to have some animals in there, too.

I was under the impression that frogs occasionally live in pitchers, but it seems from the discussion here that they are actually likely to end up as a nep lunch. Does anyone keep a tree frog in with their neps? What else could do well in a nep tank?

i have occasionaly seen pics of tree frogs hanging out inside the mouths of neps. I have also seen some as lunch inside lol. I am not too good with amphibians, maybe someone can help?

Dart frogs will do fine as long as there is no lip around the neck of the pitcher. They are very good climbers. One thing though, no frogs live in nep pitchers in wild. You must be thinking of Heliamphora, which can sometimes harbor frogs.

Mike
smile.gif

actually there are frogs that have made there homes in the nepenthes , and sometimes they work together . an insect comes by near the pitcher , the frog catches the bug and digest it , the frog craps , the crap gives nutrient to the plant , and blah blah blah . i don't know if its safe though , i'm not good with amphibians either and i'm guessing that the potchers probably only had water except of digestive juices in them .

Back