What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My two cornsnakes

These are my 2 cornsnakes Sammi and Leo, Sammi is the Orange 4 year old albino, and Leo is the brown 2 year old Okatee, enjoy, i will also post more pics of my other reptiles
smile.gif
Kevin
000_0066.jpg

cool! I've been wanting to care for a corn snake for a long time... how do you care for them?

They are so pretty
smile.gif

I want one!

Well, I give them a roomy terrarium, a large waterbowl so they can soak in it, a few hiding places, i like to keep a small hide-a-way cave thing with a heat rock under it. At Least 2 heat rocks are best. Have a part of the terrarium were they can bask , then another were they can go cool off. Feed them on a regular basis, I feed the Sammi a small mouse, almost full grown every 8-10 days, depending on how big it is. Leo gets a fuzzy, or a mouse that its eyes are starting to open, it can walk around a bit, hair is starting to grow every 8-10 days. I take some snake oil that kills mites or little parasites if they have them, and makes them have a colorful skin, nice and shiny. When they are shedding I take a special shedding liquid that helps them shed easier and stps their skin from drying out fast. Thats about it, if im forgetting something I will post immediatly, thanks,
                        Kevin

The shedding liquid are often sold as "Shed Ease" by a few distributors.

If one cannot find/buy this shedding aid, there is a simple and affordable way to help snakes shed easier. Snakes shed best with a slight increase in humidity, so i like to take a handful of LF Sphagnum, moist it, and place it in a corner of the cage. You will often find the snake under the moss or sitting on top. It helps moisten the loose skin.

yes that is the kind i use, i have never heard of the humidity way, but Sammi is getting real light and her eyes are blue, anyday now
smile.gif
Kevin

Here is another pic not taken to long ago (3/23/03), btw, Sammi shed today (4/13/03)
000_0075.jpg

OMG they are so cute!... When I had a garter snake, she would sleep in her water bowl befor shedding, lol!

Back