What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make a guess...

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
unknown_bft.jpg

i'm guessing its in the amphibian category, maybe a tadpole or a newt =D

looks like a newt but it may be a bull or leopard frog.

least time i checked there isnt a frog with fins
sad.gif
confused.gif
alien.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

They might not be fins, they look a little like the place where the tail joint wiggles =D. They remind me of african bull frogs, dey are huge tadpoles. when dey turn to froglets dey are a good average size, but when full grown, they are HUGE

if its an ampibian, it sure looks like a tadpole.

It looks like a tadpole to me, though, i have other thoughts, maybe a salamander? I know the ones in the photo are lacking gills...but, i don't know....
confused.gif

Kevin

im thinking a tadpole that is soon to put out legs (from tadpole to frog/toad)

It's a tadpole. Not sure what type of frog it will become.

It looks like a tadpole, I'm with slizarus a bull or leopard frog. I've seen them on Nova a while back.

I would have to say the tadpole stage of Rana rana, or the North American Bullfrog, or one of the other Ranas, like Rana pipiens, but they do seem a bit big...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Hi,

Here's the answer: Bullfrog tadpole!!!  
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

bullfrog_tadpole_3_rs.jpg

This is IT, just a few days ago. Now it's back at school, for the kids to woo...and ahh... over the legs.  
biggrin.gif

Oh, forgot to tell you guys (n ladies) that this species is edible. I bought it from a frog farm that supplies frog legs to restaurants.

LoL, edible bullfrog. Bullfrogs are so cute when they are little, They seem to gross me out after they are fully grown. But they are loads of fun =D.

Back