What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First albino california kingsnake

Hi, I found a pic of the first albino california kingsnake:

http://www.applegatereptiles.com/species/ALBBANSTR.JPG

Just thought it would be interesting...
smile.gif

ALBBANSTR.JPG

the one on the left is banded, and the one on the right in striped.

whoa, thats an awesome snake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wish i could post a picture of my albino cornsnake........
Kevin
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

wow, i never knew the first albino cal kings were striped, always thought it would be a banded. Oh, can you post a pic of L.ruthveni? Its the first albino king ever i think...

if I can find it...

There are pics of calis that are striped that are not albino:
(I'll get a pic in a couple of mins...)

Look at this abino california kingsnake: (if you look closely you can see it is banned...)

AlbinoCalKing2.jpg

stripedmojave1.jpg

http://www.eastbayvivarium.com/gallery....ve1.jpg

is this what you are looking for?:

regular:

southrepn13.jpg

Durango Mountain King

albino:

southrepn12.jpg

Albino Queretero King

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Oct. 26 2002,8:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi, I found a pic of the first albino california kingsnake:

http://www.applegatereptiles.com/species/ALBBANSTR.JPG

Just thought it would be interesting...
smile.gif

ALBBANSTR.JPG

the one on the left is banded, and the one on the right in striped.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> The first albino kingsnake in herpetoculture! The first individual was wild collected and the striped form. Now many generations of both striped and banded albinos are being produced. Many more wild caught animals have been included into captive bloodlines. Caution: Some blood lines are not compatible with others, and when two non compatible albinos are bred together, normal colored double het for both types of albinism will be produced. If you wish to produce albinos, be sure to get some from the same allele group. Extremely easy to raise and breed [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I see a nice colubrid/lampropletis disscusion coming up
smile.gif

Hmm..nice pics. Now i see that one of the albinos are banded, the other pic (the one of the lone cal on a substrate of aspen) looks abberant.

durnagos are differnt from querteros. Durango's are, i belive, L. mexicana greeri, while the quertero is L.ruthveni. A nice "conterpart" of the mexicana greeri is mexicana mexicana.

How large is your albino striped cal? I was thinking of getting a normal banded, but after looking ar a few pics of some hundoran milks...im thinkin
wink.gif

drool...I...don't...have...a...snake...
sad.gif
drool. I wish I could get some. where can you see calis in california? you know, to catch-and-release a couple. I haven't held a snake for a year now.
smile.gif
I wouldn't keep or buy one from the wild, I heard they are hard to care for from the wild, so I would just look and observe it.
smile.gif

A good place i have heard that has a lot of cal kings is the santa cruz area, like the santa cruz mountains. I have gone there many times in search of L.zonata multifistica with my dad, but with no luck, but i have seen a fairly large banded cal king there. (didnt get a pic, sigh, just picked it up and let it go..).

If you want to go see wild gopher snakes, try the Modesto area, they are loaded lol.

I dont apply the fact to field collect, but with the right permit, you actualy could take a few of the herps you find home. Good luck with your search and wish me luck in finding a L. zonata!

I WISH YOU LUCK IN FINDING SNAKES Zack.
tounge.gif
I'll check out that area, do you know where in the mountains? how far do you have to go? Do I just go on a used trail and look for them?
confused.gif
Thanks-
Spectabilis73

Back