What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snake measurer

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hey there
smile.gif

I dont know if any of you struggle with this but for me getting a snake to hold still while measuring is a pain in the butt. I figured using a string would be the best since holding a ruler up to them was no picnic but the string thing isnt all that accurate either they just wont hold still!
Ok so I found this program and it works great on your computer. All you need to do is take a pic with the snake next to a ruler or whatever on a flat surface and put the darn snake away before ya stress it out anymore than it has to be.
Heres the program
snake measurer
Take care and have fun with it for a change.

Thats a great idea, I will have to try that myself. When I measure my snakes, i use the string method, they are pretty calm, so it doesnt bother them that much,
Kevin

Thanks for posting this UNC.  It'll definitely come in handy for measuring my daughters garter snake.  It's pretty laid back....until you try to staighten it out to measure it
biggrin.gif

No prob I fiured people here at this site could probably use it even if they dont have snakes. There are alot of people who post pics of plants next to money or rulers as well and it can be used to get an idea how big their plants are. I also pointed out to PlantAKiss that it could come in handy since she buys from ebay
wink.gif

Back