What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red bellied pacu pics...

Hello,

If your pacus ever get too big for you tank you can always have them made into trophies, after all they would have lived a long, good life up to that point since it takes a while for then too reach that length/wieght. They're also good baked.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Travis @ Mar. 28 2003,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is a beut of a fish you have. I do not think they get that big (3 feet)
confused.gif
.  They get the size of Pan Fish (I am 93.45% sure). I always wanted to get one. I had an Oscar, South American Blue (that is what the people at the pet store said), plus a few crayfish.

I also think a 30 to 50 gallon to would depending on how many fish you have and how many you plan on getting. 100 gallon tank would be sweet to have that is for sure
wow.gif

Travis[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
no, they do get to 3 feet, there's prrof
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LOs Angels Traphole @ May 15 2003,3:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello,

If your pacus ever get too big for you tank you can always have them made into trophies, after all they would have lived a long, good life up to that point since it takes a while for then too reach that length/wieght. They're also good baked.  
alien.gif

alien.gif

alien.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Why would I stuff my fish if it got too big for my tank? Would you just go off and stuff a great dane if it got too big for your house, and it would look good? no!  
mad.gif
and NO, although they are a delicacy, I would not cook them, after they treated with that stress coat, they shouldn't be eaten. AND WHY THE #### WOULD I EAT ONE OF MY PETS?!!?
mad.gif
I treat my fish like regular pets, and I am appauled that you think that I would eat them, or stuff them!
mad.gif

regards,
Spec73
icon13.gif

Hi Spec,

Enjoy your Pacus where they are. Sure they get big but fish are very good at adapting. The bigger the tank the more you will be able to dublicate their natural environment and allow for their full range of natural behavior, but with care, a large fish can live quite well in a smaller tank. If the Pacus ever get out of hand and you like big round fish you might think about Severums, Uarus, Juraparis and Chocolate Cichlids. If you really want a character get a Cichlasoma dovii -- they bite and watch every move you make in the room then splash water all over you.
Have you ever given the Pacus a grape? Try it.
Great looking Pacus
rolleyes.gif

Bobby

Jeez Spect. Lighten up I doubt he was seriously suggesting that you eat your pets
tounge.gif

I got mad 'cause that was the 50th time someone suggested that to me

Well I see youre point Id probably get a bit ticked too if peopel kept on suggesting I should eat my pets.... although over half the animals I keep are considered "food." i had someone suggest that I eat my dog if he didnt work out since chows were used as a food source way back when. I didnt like that. But there is a thing called tact and sometimes as much as we hate to do it and no matter how old or inappropriate the jokes get we need to shrug certain things off especially in public
wink.gif

Blech! Life stinks sometimes dont it
tounge.gif

Back