What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red bellied pacu pics...

Hi,
 Today I took some pics of me hand feeding my pacu! By tonight they will be posted! can't wait. I also got a couple pics of some other fish, but most fish moved around alot so I only got 2 or 3.
sad.gif
you can post pics of your fish, too.
smile.gif

Your links don't work either
confused.gif

He's big and cute
biggrin.gif

the look cool . I just want to remind u john that pacus need a 300 gallon and thats just for one , so since u have 2 pacus your gonna need a 600 gallon tank . your 30 gallon is just to msall for a pacus , they will be stunted if u keep them in there .

no , they'll need a 300 gallon , pacus WILL reach to 3 feet or more . i am a fish expert
biggrin.gif
, and its my duty to tell ppl what fish need .
wink.gif

i think 300 is kinda over doing it. The ones at the aviary at the zoo is in a large 180gal, and there's 2 of them in there (about 2 1/2 feet each). Pacu normally get to only 2 1/2 feet on average.

i don't think 300 gallons is over doing it , they can get up to 3 feet or more , thats how big my arrowana is and they will still grow a bit more . the ones at the zoo i'm sure that they will soon be moved to a bigger tank because they won't have much roaming space .

Yeah, 150 Gal. is enough for a while I think, after I get my pacus a 150, I won't get them a 300 untill they're 2 feet long, that gives me only 2 years to get enough money for a 300!
wow.gif
If I can't get them a 300, I'll have to give them to the monterey bay aquarium, sea world, or sf zoo, those places do take large exotic animals from people if they're offered one
smile.gif

um, actually, the sf zoo kinda doesnt like to take in many animals from the public, i mean they do, but they won't take common exotics like iguanas or clombian red tails. Really just gotta call em.

Since you work there, why don't you ask them?
wow.gif
tounge.gif

no, I don't need to give them away, cause I found a 130 long gallon aquarium for only 250$!!!!!!
One thing made me really sad yesturday. At petsmart, they had 10 red bellied pacus, and they said they were agressive and only grow to 20 inches. they're wrong. they are very nice, just don't get 2 in a small tank, or they will fight. they even eat out of your hand and let you stroke their side, lol. they can get up to at least 4 feet long in the wild, and about 3 feet tall, and weigh over 80 pounds!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ Feb. 22 2003,2:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no , they'll need a 300 gallon , pacus WILL reach to 3 feet or more . i am a fish expert  
biggrin.gif
 , and its my duty to tell ppl what fish need .
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
hey, I'm a fish expert too!  
mad.gif

tounge.gif

and you've been telling me that ever since I posted the pics! lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Feb. 28 2003,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they can get up to at least 4 feet long in the wild, and about 3 feet tall, and weigh over 80 pounds!
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Man, that would be one helluva fight on a spinning rod.
biggrin.gif

yes these fish get very big . they can break fish tanks , they eat alot , and they are mostly aggresive whennthere young . if your pacus ever get that bgi tell me , I'll take em and pan frie them , lol , j/k . although pacus are known as food in thenfish markets . I remeber seeing a type of fish that looks like a pacu and lived in the amazon , they said that they awere so strong thta they can crack nuts and rocks , i would hand feedd your pacus when they get bigger .

That is a beut of a fish you have. I do not think they get that big (3 feet)
confused.gif
.  They get the size of Pan Fish (I am 93.45% sure). I always wanted to get one. I had an Oscar, South American Blue (that is what the people at the pet store said), plus a few crayfish.

I also think a 30 to 50 gallon to would depending on how many fish you have and how many you plan on getting. 100 gallon tank would be sweet to have that is for sure
wow.gif

Travis

Back