What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

African lungfish

DSC00033%20(Small).JPG

I love this pic. Its on the dark side, but thats why its kinda cool. Reminds me of the old JAWS poster with the girl swimming right under the shark.
This fish has become one of my favorite pets.

be lucky if you have lung fish , there rare and expensive . they are closly related to coelacanths and are also prehistoric fish .

How long have you had it. Its very nice!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (machete @ Feb. 26 2003,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
DSC00033%20(Small).JPG

I love this pic. Its on the dark side, but thats why its kinda cool. Reminds me of the old JAWS poster with the girl swimming right under the shark.
This fish has become one of my favorite pets.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hey that pics really cool it would look scary to little kids
tounge.gif
. Could you give me it's growing conditions? how big is the tank, what do you feed it, etc

Its now in a 300 gallon vat. It eats cichlid pellets and pieces of fish, and shrimp. These guys grow pretty quick until about the 1 1/2 foot mark. Other than that, treat it like anyother tropical fish. Oh, it will kill anything with it, so it must be kept solitary. Some people have had luck keeping other fish with it, but usually its only temporary.

I wouldn't see how anyone could keep it with other fish, because of its massive size. Very nice picture!
biggrin.gif

Back