What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulb question for iguanas

schloaty

Staff member
Hey,
Over the weekend I purchased two reptisun bulbs (at $39 a pop&#33
wink.gif
. Did I get ripped off? I mean, are these bulbs really any good? I want to avoid calcium and vitamine D deficiency, and I don't get too much true sun.

Needless to say, I found out BOTH bulbs were broken when I got home!
mad.gif
So I have to return them anyway. Just figured I check with you guys before I went to I can either get my $ back, or trade them in for new ones that actually work.

I find that these bulbs work very well in larger enclosures for iguanas, boas, pythons, large turtles/tortises, etc. How big is your iguana and its enclosure, and can we see some pics?!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

She's a little over a foot long at this point...she should be bigger, I think, since she's getting close to two years old...but she doesn't eat much. Can't figure out why. Anyway, she's in a 75 gallon aquarium.

I have pics, but I don't have a way to post (no website).
I can send them to someone, if they want to post them here for me.
rolleyes.gif

Iggies are durnial baskers that need adaquete UV to stay healthy and not go lethargic. I would use ReptiSun 5.0 or even ReptiSun 8.0 for an iguana (i use 5.0 for my Bearded Dragon). Other then that, you would need a basking light for that natural heat. Just use any light bulb that can give off a good amount of heat (I use a 75Watt for the bearded dragon, along with the uv). Good luck.

PS: Shop around for the lights. Various online stores have them for cheap, plus shipping is cheap.

Thanks folks!! You guys saved me $$!

I found them for $16.99 (plus shipping, of course), so I got almost two for one over what I paid at Petco. Boy...Petco is gonna hear it from me! The nerve! charge more that twice what you can find them for (not counting shipping, but I won't tell them that part), and then sell me BROKEN MERCHANDICE?! I'll not have it!
mad.gif

All fired up.....

Back