What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see some pictures

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
Scorpions Yuck . Why anyone would have one of them for a pet gets me . I use to live in a house that had them ones that can kill you bark scorpions I think there called . I use to kill one every week .

I can understand hating scorpions if they were invading your house. I wouldn't want loose scorpions running around my house! Other than that, scorpions are interesting and beautiful creatures.
smile.gif

scorpions in north america are harmless. west871, do you live in arizona, nevada, utah area?? if so, the scorpion you call a bark scorpion is Centruroides exilicauda and is north americas only deadly scorpion. just how deadly is it?? well, it most likely wouldnt kill you. the sting could kill a small child or a elderly person, but a healthy person would most likely just swell and experience severe pain. if you live in the south east however, the scorpions you will find are centruroides vitattus, gracilis, or even vaejovis carolinensis and all 3 of these are totally harmless. i have scorpions. they are very interresting and even more fun to find them in the wild! most of you out there would be surprised at how many scorpions are actually around you when you go into the wilderness. on nights with a new moon, you can go out with a portable blacklight and find hundreds of them all around you. ive done it before and its really cool! very nice pics of the scorpions by the way larry. thank you for sharing them!

-josh

ok i took the meany out of the cage becareful she does bit

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

coll photos of the iguana, George-CP
smile.gif
Thats a very coll one of the iguanas mouth!
smile.gif
lol
smile.gif
Make sure you wipe the lenses clen, though!
tounge.gif

I had an iguana once. I took very good care for it, but a year or two later it died.
sad.gif
don't know how...
confused.gif
that was 5 or 6 years ago. just a month or two ago I asked my parents after I replied to something on the pft. forums that had a iguana on it, I asked, "What happened to lizze?" (that's what I named him, lol.(don't laugh that I named him&#33
wink.gif
mad.gif
smile.gif
)
"Um...well...hmmm...he...kinda well...died
tounge.gif
wow.gif
" "You told me he ran away!"ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
confused.gif
wink.gif
mad.gif
sad.gif
(I was making all of those faces at the same time.
tounge.gif
)

I wish I still had him...
sad.gif

Spec73, the day i got that one which was given to me by a friend. it bit the heck out of me and i still have a scar on my thumb to prove it. i have had 3 of them there has only been one that was kool enough to keep on my sholder and not bite me. after this one no more. there has been days i open the cage to feed it and it would jump out at me to get its food. i have also had to save it a couple of times from being eaten by one of my pits but do you think it would be greatful heck no the next day it tried to bight me again lol.

Back