What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost my ball python

yah , i am an irressposible but nto as irresponsiblle as spectablis's pacus . hhhm , i hope he does'nt crap , i fed him a mouse before I lost him , he proabably just wanted to have soem space because the room in his tank is not much . I do deserev the snake and am a great owner , and he has a great home , i had to make alot of sacrifices just give him a good home and food and besides he , he'll turn up soon , if you think i am a bad owner you should see how tame this snake is onlky to me .

I see this topic is kinda getting into a blame game stuff, so please be more aware of what is said. Please, GoldTrap, don't take personal attacks on people (Spec's Pacu?)

Just be careful of what is said. PS: Snakes and thier owners usually have a bond, never break it
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ Mar. 14 2003,6:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yah , i am an irressposible but nto as irresponsiblle as spectablis's pacus . hhhm , i hope he does'nt crap , i fed him a mouse before I lost him  , he proabably just wanted to have soem space because the room in his tank is not much . I do deserev the snake and am a great owner , and he has a great home , i had to make alot of sacrifices just give him a good home and food and besides he , he'll turn up soon , if you think i am a bad owner you should see how tame this snake is onlky to me .[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
oh, i'm irrisponsible, huh? hmmm.... keeping a 14 inch pacu in a 6 x 2 foot tank is irrisponsible?

Hey,
     I agree with Zach, im sorry for snapping at you, but you've lost him how many times in the last 3 months? Like 4? About that? Don't "take your anger" out on spec either, what did he do? I know that he takes good, very good* care of his pacus, and a 125 gallon is perfect for his size. Anyways, I have lost my oldest snake once! Thats because the cloth that I keep over the tank to keep it warm (its really cool, it has snake patterns on it), it got stuck between the cage and the cover, so he pushed it up, but I did what I noted in a earlier post, and I caught him red handed (wait snakes don't have hands......) I caught him red mouthed* swallowing the pinky.
        The other snake has never gotten loose, nor have I ever seen him try. So we have a bond, they love me because I take really good care for them, and feed them, provide them with roomy terreriums at my expence, and I love them for the joy and happiness they bring me.
        So I, as a fellow snake owner, understand that you care for him, and provide his needs, but you have to put in that extra 10% and watch him when hes out of the cage.
                                     Kevin

sry about my behavior but I'm very frustrated and I don't lose very often . and spec I hope u don't mind me saying this again to ppl that don't know , the 125 is still not enought , if its 2 feet wide the the pacus will not be able to turn when there 4 feet long , and thats how big they get and also pacus are known to smash tanks so that tank is not enought . to tell u the truth sometimes i let regius out of his cage for free time so he can crawl around but I guess I'm not paying much attention , I love my pet snake too and we have a bond to but he really likes his out of tank time , so i'm planning on getting him a bigger tank . i'm just glad my snake is not that big buremse python at my local per store , he escapes and crawls all over the storw almost 3 times a month and if you stayered in the store long enough you would here a woman scream in horoow of seeing the snake , i wonder if that snake is still there ?

Ok I didnt post that to pick on you or to have other people start in either so I appologize if thats how it was interpretted.
I do hope you find him soon and that hes ok there are alot of dangers out there for a snake lookin for a warm place to hide Ive had friends that found thier snakes fried behind a fridge and a stove which is why I wanted to warn you to be careful its a darn shame to lose a pet especially if you care alot about them.

By the way dont fish grow to thier enviroments? Or is that just certain ones?

Snakes are natural escape artist, with all the snakes I have, there still is one runt that wants to bail out, no matter how much I care and love it lol. (Call of the wild?) Best bet is to place heavier books or use covers with pin locks for smaller colubrids (kings, milks, gophers, etc.) and use a very, very secure locking cover for larger snakes like cribos, boids, pythons, indigos (where legal), etc.

I think Spec is keeeping the tank temproraily till his fish get to thier large size. You never know.

yes, if/when i get the money I'm going to construct a 500 gallon or more pond for the pacus. Goldtrap, nothing is ever big enough for my paucs, is it? 
mad.gif
why do you always rag on me about my paucs? I hate when you do it, every day I talk to you on im you say my pacus are suffering, that they're gonna break the tank, that i don't feed them right, that the tank is too small, and that I need to get rid of them!  
mad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

I forgot to tell u this yester day , IFOUND HIM .it was in the early morining of monday at 6
wow.gif
0 am , I woke up and heard a sound that sounded like slithering and i thought it was my pet snake . so i looked around the room and could find him until i looked up on my coat hanger and on the very top there he was , i grabbed him and put him back in his tank , he was ok , i was glad to find him . i'm gonna try to never lose him again or should i . i think i shoudl give him a free tiem in my room and all i would have to do is make sure my room is safe enough for him to crawl around in , nah , i don't want to do that , i'm gonna keepo an eye on him for now on .

YAY now darn it put a harness on that snake before it happens again!
You realy shouldnt let it roam there are alot of dangers in a house that could harm a snake not to mention the health issues if it gets too cold.

Dude. Oh my god. That is kind of weird you lost him alot. You dont keep them out if your not gonna pay attention. I really dont see the point of having him out while your on the computer or watching TV, completely ignoring him is not playing with him, of course hes gonna run.

For those who think there arent any dangers in the home for snakes here is an example of what can happen to a snake that roams free unsupervised..
2.jpg

3.jpg

By the way I didnt post that to pick on you Goldtrap but to make you and others aware of what can happen.

Nope and just for the record it wasnt mine. I just keep ball pythons untill I get my tax return then Im investing in a columbian redtailed or possibly a pair
wink.gif
I cant wait!

Feel bad for that snake. Snakes are attracted to working computers probably due to the fact it is dark and warm.

Yea, that stinks, I use to own a ball python, but I never got it out when I wasnt going to pay attention to it, for example getting it out and playing the computer, hmm whos that remind you of...man im just joking, but seriously dont get out your snake if your just gonna let it sit there why you do something else.

Back