What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just showing off my newts...

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
I never realised they had such unique ring-like spots on their body!

newts_rs.jpg

Beautiful firebellies almost makes me want to get one...but i'm not much into amphibs...oh well GL with them

why does it look like one is killing the other
tounge.gif

Because you're a tad morbid
confused.gif
.....JK

Nice photo -

I have a fire bellied newt and large fire bellied frog in my big CP terrarium.

The newt is named Smeagol and we rarely see him. He lurks and hides under the Nepenthes pots that sit on living sphagnum. Once he was even living in the 'Hi-Rise' - at soil level in an 8 inch pot under the many basal N. ampullaria pitchers. It was pretty cool - you would see his head poking out between the pitchers. When I tried to get pictures, he'd always shy back in. He seems to be terrestrial - unlike the frog, I have never in two years seen him go in the water.

WildBill

Jmenprkr: No...they were actually mesmerised by that beautiful tiny air bubble.
wink.gif

I have had them for the 3rd year. They are picky when it comes to food...no pellets, either dried shrimps or bloodworms.

Not shy, will swim up to the surface for food when someone stands next to the tank...my mum always think that they are hungry but they are so well-fed that they have tummies!
wow.gif
Really fire-BELLIED newts!

Hello,
Those are really nice Cindy, my local petstore has some, I always want to get one....but I always question it...one of these days,
Kevin

Back