What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Leopard Geckos

I put them in a quaritine tank, and 2 of them escaped =(. I can't type much, I'm looking for them at this moment.

Ohhhhhh dang the luck! You have a BIG problem now.. well, unlike other reptiles, it won't work to put out bait, for the leos tend to refuse to eat unless in their cage. At least that's what mine does. He won't eat unless he's in his cage. Well, I just suggest you take up any toxic, unhealthy things, like bug poison, and maybe lay out a dish of water in a dark corner. Also, pick up things that clutter the house and search thoroughly for the geckos. Also try to put up any pets that could pose harm to a gecko somewhere where the geckos can't get to them and they can't get to where the geckos might be. And watch where you step!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!
                                        FTG

P.S. I know this isn't very encouraging, but my best friend's sister's African Fat Tailed Gecko escaped months ago and she never found him
sad.gif

AFter 2 hours of trying to corner down my missing gecko. I finally put him in the tank. Geeze if you saw me trying to capture it, you wouldn't believe it. I NEVER KNEW THEY WERE SO FAST. They look so slow in the cage, omg, so much faster!!

I hope you find them. Great lizards. I bred them for a few years.

Yup they are all found. El gecko, did you breed them for your own fun, or were you in it to be a breeder? I wanted to be a small breeder and had around 30+ leos at one time. And then it didn't become fun anymore, and a hassle. So I downsized to my favorite 6. These are hypo tangerine, pastel, jungles, all mixed. Hm.....I hate their shedding process though.

I left them in a small quaritine tank, geeze I never can spell quaritine. Well, I have a 80 gallon tank set up for them right now. They don't move around much, but I guess its just cause they are noctournal, I'll guess I'll watch them in my sleep =D.

Glad you found your Leos. Lizards tend to be easier to retrieve then snakes, as they usually have predictable hiding spots not near where they are found (some are exceptions). Leos will tend to search for places that are warm and dark, like nooks near heaters, etc. Back when I was helping out at the herp store, whenever a herp would get loose, we would usually find it near the heat lamps or near the tanks, a stays warm there.

DKiM128, Glad you found your geckos.
I bred mine mainly for fun. I had 15 females and 1 male. I rotated 5 females with the male each year, so I did not get large amounts of babies. I would trade / sell them to local pet stores or reptile shows. I miss my geckos, I might have to get at least 1 again.
Here is the page I made up with some pictures of my set up I had.
http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/geckos.html

lol Nice collection, I thought I wanted to become a breeder and got around 30+ geckos, after having them, I realized, I didn't want to become a breeder and only kept a couple. Then I recieved some juvis a couple weeks ago. Now my phases are hypo tangerine, pastel, olive, jungle, normal, and this dark one, it looks neat. They are still too young to breed so I'll guess I'll wait for them to grow =D.

Kim, they were THAT fast?! Dang, my big male is about as fast as a tumbleweed buried in snow!

Back