What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Hermit?

• Thread starter monkeyman
  • Start date
6 months earlier: My brother got three hermit crabs and named them Joey, Katie, and Speedy. He also wrote the names on their shells. Within the first week, Joey (the shy one) had been eaten while trying to molt. I found his big claw and two of his legs in the corner, but not his shell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the other day I was looking at my brother's hermit crabs(although technically, their mine because I feed them) and I noticed something strange. There was an extra hermit crab. Three shells were moving in different directions! I immediately thought "Mom must have gotten him another". Then I noticed something very strange. The new hermit crab had a name on it's shell (although a bit smuged). It was Joey!
wow.gif
ghostface.gif
The strangest thing was that I had completely cleaned out and redone the tank about a month ago and I only used a small portion of the original sand in the new tank. I nearly threw Joey away!
sad.gif
He must have stayed hidden because his shell is white and blends in with the sand. But I still find it hard to believe he regenerated two legs and his claw, and survived buried for almost SIX MONTHS!
tounge.gif
Sorry for the length of my post.

Mike
ghostface.gif

dude you got to give me credit i named speedy i was with you when you got it anson named speedy so hah

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsboy @ Jan. 13 2004,13:34)]dude you got to give me credit i named speedy i was with you when you got it anson named speedy so hah
Uhm... should i be following this? lol

last week my two hermit crabs got in a fight, and they both lost their fighting claws... they're still alive and doing well
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Back