What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should I choose?

I would like to breed some reptile or amphibian. What should I breed. I am going to the repticon reptile convention/expo in Miami and will be bringing something back!!
wink.gif
But What? I saved up about 60 dolllars so that is the limit. I already have a leopard gecko baby named Bindi, a bearded dragon juvie named Billabong, a fire bellied toad named pyro, an african dwarf frog named cleo, and an adult corn snake named slither. I want something unique and somthing that could live in a 5-20 gallon aquarium. I think I am getting a crested gecko but still want some more opinions.

Thanks,
SunPitcher
laugh.gif

I really enjoyed breeding Leopard Geckos. They were easy to breed, hatch the eggs, and raise. I traded my young at reptile shows for other variations of Leopard Geckos, and sold to local pet stores. Here's a page I made with breeding info and such.

http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/geckos.html

The easiest thing for you to do is to use your money and buy a mate for ethier your leo or beardie. With about $60, you may get a nicer looking beardie to breed with yours to produce nice offsprings. Same goes with the leos, you can buy a het for albino or luestic.

Ok, scratch the breeding project, this is what I got at the rep show.

1 male frilled dragon $75
1 crested gecko $35
1 red eyed tree frog $15
1 emerald (peacock) tree frog $8

Can the tree frogs be housed together

(my dad loaned me some $)
smile.gif

depends on the gender of the frog on wether they can be housed as well as their relative size. I have found that females usually dont get along to well if they are approx the same size, but males usually coundn't care less. If one frog is much bigger, they can be in the same tank as there will be no teritory disputes cause they will eat different size food. you might have to feed them separate for a while to make sure that they are both getting enough.

Back