What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frillies

My frilled dragon, Drake, is sick. He has a large swelling on one side of his hips and mites/ticks in his frill. He has runny stool. He also has a cut on his leg that has crusted blood dried over it. the joints in the back legs are aldo a bit swollen. What do I do?
rock.gif

He is a male that is not full grown and I do not want to lose him. Please help! Also, if he gets bigger can I put him in with a male beardie that is 101/2 inches long. The frillie is about 8 inches or more bigger than the beardie.

I would think I would look for a vet that does herps.
You might pick up a copy of reptile magazine and see if you can contact one of the editors for advice too.

Regards,

Joe

Best thing to do is to see a vet, especially if this was a long term thing. From the swelling of the legs, it could be a matter of things (like the columns in Reptiles stated: metabolic bone disease, fluid buildup, you name it). Hit the vet, it will help you from losing the cool and rare lil bugger.

I followed your advice and took him to the vet. He had flagellas or something and he had to get a shot and tube feeding and a little nick on the hip. he also got a mite killing bath and some shampoo.

oh yeah, the guy stuck a cotton swab up drakes but.(fecal sample

Back