What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Few Questions about Foggers

Has anyone ever used one of the ultrasonic cool water foggers in a tank with frogs? i have mine piped in now, but i am looking to build a mini tank for a new batch of frogs. I hear that some people say that it wont hurt them and others that say that it will kill them in an instant. Looking for anyone that has actually used one of these in conjunction with dart frogs and what kind of precautions (if any) do you need to take.

I used them with no problem. Must people are worried that the frogs will touch the ultra sonic humidifier causing them to die from the shock. So best way to prevent this is to place a mesh wiring over the part so they can't get to it. Hope this help.

There is no electric potential present on the outside of a fogger.

joe

no electric, true, but the ultrasonic disc pushes water on a mollecular level which can penetrate skin very easy. have you ever put your finger right over the disc? dont, hurts like ####.

Supposedly, the mist will cool the air somewhat. Since dart frogs don't like cold temperatures, you may want to have a thermometer in there, and see what the temperature stays at, and how much cooling occurs when the fogger is running, before you add frogs.

Hmmm, perhaps that would be a good way to cool a highland Nepenthes terrarium on summer nights...

And perhaps a good cockroach zapper too
wink.gif

Back