What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vielled

• Thread starter Kyle6002
  • Start date
or what ever or how ever you spell it ok I'm looking after one for a bit anything i should know is there anything to make him look really good when my g/f comes to pick him back up any help please

It's veiled chameleon. I've always wanted a true chameleon myself. It was very hard to pass the babies up at reptile shows when they had these guys there for $20.00. I know that they will not drink water form a bowl, unless you have an airstone in it. Usually you want to use a drip system for water.
Do a search on google so you an make sure you care for it well.

Give it a Ficus or some kind of dense plant to hang out in for a few hours. They love to think you cant see them, its good for their mental wellbeing. I used to take a string and let water run down the string (you might want to do this somewhere that can get wet cause it will take a minute befor he will realize whats up, but its a sure fire to get them to drink. I fed mine crickets , mealworms, and pinkies when he got older. meal worms are good for taming and hand feeding.

Joe

Vields enjoy typical chameleon care, which usually means a heat lamp and uv bulb (unless it is in a screen cage, the it can be placed outdoors when weather is nice for natural sunlight and uv) Mist whenever you can with water, making sure to get it's body and face wet, so it can drink. A caresheet can be found on kingsnake.com

thanx guys there is a water fal in there so hopefully if he does get to thirsty he can drink from that any other ideas guys

Back